I am certainly impressed with the speed and service you provide
Graham Moir Associates, Architects
Your surveys and reports are very thorough and professional
Director Cheddar Gorge and Caves Ltd
BADGERSBadger setts can be partially or fully closed under licence if causing damage to private property, company assets or if there is a risk of injury to badgers or damage to their setts by proposed development.
• Badger Surveys • Set Closures • Design and Installation of Artificial Setts
BATSWe can provide you with licensed bat surveyors and handlers as well as trained tree climbers (NPTC Unit CS38) for all bat surveys and bat roost inspections. For roosts that need to be moved, we design and install bespoke replacement bat roosts as well as fitting standard prefabricated bat boxes.
• 'Off The Ground' Tree Inspections • Internal/External Building Inspection and Assessment • Emergence/Return surveys • Static Detector Surveys • Bat Roost Design and Installation
GREAT CRESTED NEWT & REPTILESDavies Ecology Ltd can provide a range of survey and mitigation for the great crested newt and all reptile species.
• Habitat Suitability Index Assessment • Pond Presence / Absence Surveys Using Bottle Trapping or DNA Analysis • Destructive Searches • Installation of Newt & Reptile Fencing • Newt & Reptile Trapping & Translocation • Habitat Creation & Enhancement
Hazel dormouse are found in scrub, hedgerow and woodland. Davies Ecology Ltd offers a range of survey by our Natural England licensed surveyors and along with straight forward mitigation solutions.
• Nut Searches • Nest Tube Surveys • Destructive Searches • Installation of Nest Boxes • Trapping & Translocations • Habitat Creation & Enhancement
FRESHWATER CRAYFISHWork to rivers and streams may require a survey for the rare freshwater crayfish. If present we can move and exclude them until the work is complete. Davies Ecology Ltd will work with the Environment Agency, on your behalf, to agree methods and to obtain trapping consents.
• Manual Searching • Survey Using Traps • Destructive Searches • Translocations • Trapping & Translocations • Habitat Creation & Enhancement
WATER VOLESurveys along rivers, stream, ditches and ponds can reveal field signs of water vole such as feeding, latrines, burrows and runs. Small numbers of water vole can be displaced to adjacent habitat under a Natural England class licence. For larger populations a programme of trapping and translocation is required under a site licence. View The Water Vole Mitigation Handbook.
• Manual/Raft Surveys • Displacement • Destructive Searches • Trapping & Translocation • Habitat Creation & Enhancement
OTTEROtters and their holts are protected under UK and European legislation and Davies Ecology Ltd can undertake river / streamside surveys for otter field signs and identify their presence in possible holts through the use of camera traps. Davies Ecology Ltd can assess the impacts of your project and provide design and mitigation guidance to reduce or avoid impacts.
• Manual/Raft/Camera Trap Surveys • Otter Holt Installation
BIRDSWe can help you with checks for nesting birds during the bird nesting season and make assessments for WCA Schedule 1 birds such as barn owl and kingfisher which are protected from 'disturbance'. We also install nest boxes including barn owl boxes, nest boxes and house martin, swift and swallow prefabricated nests.
SURVEY & HABITAT MANAGEMENT ADVICE FOR BUTTERFLIESDavies Ecology Ltd has longstanding 'in house' experience of butterfly surveys and site assessment including habitat condition assessments for the marsh fritillary butterfly as well as surveys and habitat management advice for violet feeding fritillary butterflies and other rare and threatened butterfly species.
A small pearl-bordered fritillary found at The Cheddar Complex SSSI in 2015.